Which devices are compatible?
The BlueLeza HRM Blue is compatible with the following devices:
Operating System iOS using Bluetooth Smart:
iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s
iPod touch ab 5G
iPod Nano ab 7G
iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad air
It is NOT compatible with older Apple devices e.g. iPhone4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G etc. because they don´t use the Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
Android from software version >= 4.3 using Blueooth Smart or ANT+
- Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S5
- Galaxy S4, S4 Mini
- Galaxy Note 2 and 3
(Galaxy S3 – depending on your operator it can be that it is supported even with Android software version 4.2.2 but unfortunately this is out of our influence. Not for Galaxy Xcover 3)
- HTC One
- HTC Mini
- HTC One Max
- HTC Desire 300, 500, 601, X
- Butterfly S
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 5
- Optimus G, G2
- Xperia Z
- Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact
- Xperia Z2
Xiaomi: Mi2 and upwards
It is NOT compatible with older Android devices e.g. Nexus 3, Samsung Galaxy 2, etc. because they don´t use the Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
- Blackberry Z10, Z30
- Blackberry Q10
It is NOT compatible with older Blackberry devices e.g. Blackberry 9700, etc. because they don´t use the Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
Which applications are compatible?
BlueLeza is not an App producer but our HRM Blue product was exactly produced based on the Bluetooth 4.0 specifications from Special Bluetooth Interest Group and also based on the ANT+ standard. Therefore our Sensor is compatible with more than 100 fitness and wellness apps on three different smart phone operating systems (iOS, Android 4.3 upwards, Blackberry 10) and many fitness devices using ANT+. Depending on your training requirements and your taste you can choose the one that best fits for you. Please be aware that additional cost may occur for the download of an application.
As an additional client service we provide you a list of roughly 20 compatible application examples including operating instructions. Please accept that through changes within the applications that are out of our scope of responsibilities sometimes an operating instruction may have changed. In such a case and in all cases related to questions to the application please directly contact the support of your app producer.
In addition we have listed many more application names on that page.
Why can´t the HRM Blue be connected or isn´t found by the application?
Please find listed below some tips on best usage that may apply:
- Did you turn on Bluetooth on your device? Open settings/preferences on your device. Search for Bluetooth entry and turn it on. Please be aware that even after you have turned on Bluetooth on your device the HRM Blue is not listed in your Bluetooth menu. The reason for that is that only Bluetooth 2.1 devices e.g. speakers, headsets etc. are listed here.
- Did you enable the correct Bluetooth setting? Please ensure to choose the Bluetooth Smart heart rate option (BT Smart (HRM)) within the application. If this is not available within the heart rate sensor setting the HRM Blue is compatible with settings for Wahoo Fisica Sensors, Runalyser and others. DO NOT choose ANT+ or other Dongle related standards.
- Did you moisten the electrode sensing area before you started the workout? Moisten both ends of the electrode sensing area of the chest strap with cool water or use an ECG gel. The sensor should now be detected when you start the application of your choice. DO NOT use oil or vaseline or other liquids to moisten the electrodes as the chest strap could then no longer detect the heart rate.
- What is the detection distance? For best results the distance between the chest strap with the HRM Blue and your Smartphone should not exceed 50 m. PLEASE BE AWARE this detection distance is not valid within water, as the damping of water is too high for a low energy protocol (only very short distances within water 10 cm are max. possible).
- Skin Types and Body hair: Skin types differ in human kind and it may need some time to receive stable signals esp. during cold and dry winter months. Body hair can affect the detection and transmission of heart rate signals. If necessary, trim or shave chest hair where the transmitter sensing electrodes will contact your skin.
- Is the battery power still sufficient? The HRM Blue has an optimized battery consumption. After your training please disconnect the transmitter at least on one side of the belt and keep the transmitter in a dry location. This will improve the life time of your battery. Nevertheless it can happen even within the best products that depending on usage the battery must be replaced. If the battery of our transmitter needs to be changed, please follow the instruction in the long version of the operating instructions (please see bullet 4) that can be downloaded from our homepage. DO ONLY use CR 2032 batteries for the replacement. The new BLSFHR02 will contain a remaining battery life feature (shown in percent) that will be supported by some applications to make it easier for you to decide when you need to replace your battery.
- Electromagnetic interferences: Keep as much distance between the HRM Blue and electromagnetic sources. High voltage power lines, television signals, motors, motor driven exercise equipment, and any other high frequency electromagnetic interferences may influence or prevent proper heart rate transmission from the chest strap.
- Dehydratation and alcohol consumption can affect the detection and accuracy of the heart rate display. For an accurate measure, it is advised to wait until your body condition stabilizes before using the transmitter.
- On some devices it can help to switch to airplane mode and back if the sensor is not detected and Bluetooth was turned on.
The HRM Blue is still not connected what else can I do?
You still can´t connect your HRM Blue and have followed the instructions above? Please contact us by providing us with the following information:
- The application(s) that you have tested with the HRM Blue and the problems you encountered with each.
- Date and channel of purchase
- Your preferred contact method and your contact details
We will contact you as soon as possible and support you to resolve your problem.
How long is the battery life?
During your workout the HRM Blue will remember and search for the smart phone to which it is paired. If you are not using one of your paired sensors during a workout, HRM Blue will use a small amount of battery life as it tries to connect to yoursmart phone. If you do not want that we recommend after your workout that you unsnap at least one side of the sensor from the chest strap. The HRM Blue turns off within max. 5 minutes after removing the chest strap. Depending on your work out ratio the battery life of the HRM Blue should last up to more than one year.
How can I send you a feedback or help to improve future products?
We appreciate your feedback about our products. Your short assessment will allow us to constantly improve our future products so that we are able to better serve your needs. You can be sure that every product was tested from us several months but we need your suggestions and feedback to further improve our future products.
Are there any medical requirements that I need to consider before usage of the HRM Blue?
Please always consult your Physician before you begin a regular exercise program. The HRM Blue with chest strap is a high tech widget but NOT a medical device. It is a training tool for the measurement and display of your heart rate and intended for your recreational use. People with pacemaker devices are not allowed to use heart rate measurement devices before consulting with their medical doctor.
How does the warranty work?
We offer a twelve (12) months warranty for this product when proper handled. The warranty period starts from the date of sale (receipt, proof of purchase). Within this period we repair all defects resulting from material failure or malfunctions free of charge if the defect is confirmed. For warranty purposes please download the full version of the operating instructions which contains further information.
Excluded from the warranty are direct, indirect or consequential damage or cost that is caused through the product coherence.
NOT included within the warranty: attrition during usage, batteries, improper handling, dropping, shock or the like also not included are the electrodes from the chest strap.
This guarantee does not apply to third-party applications which are designed to work in conjunction with the HRM Blue.
If you would like to submit a comment / recommendation / complaint, you have the following options:
a) Please contact your point of sale or
b) contact us via feedback form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO ORGANISATIONAL REASONS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY UNANNOUNCED PACKAGES SENT VIA CARRIAGE FORWARD.